Your Business Name
Venus Viva™ POST CARE
Post-care instruction has been created to help you prepare for your care after your treatment has been completed. Following these instructions will maximize your aesthetic outcome. This will also provide you with a few of the post-operative warning signs that may herald a complication. Most potential complications tend to be minor and can be effectively managed if we are notified promptly. In the rare circumstances you are unable to contact Kalon Wellness MD Laser & Medi Spa with a post-care concern and you feel it is of an urgent nature, please proceed to the emergency room of your nearest hospital. Remember, your excellent aesthetic outcome and quality of care is our goal. We are here to help you!
The procedure you have selected is Venus Viva RF Skin Resurfacing. The goals of this procedure are to soften the fine-moderate wrinkles of the face, neck or hands, acne scars and textural irregularities. Venus Viva is performed as an outpatient procedure, using topical anesthetic.
- The healing time for any given procedure varies between different clients. The following represents the general recovery phases you might expect. Individual clients may experience variations from this course.
- Swelling/Discomfort/Redness:Swelling of your wrinkles occurs immediately. Significant swelling of the treated and untreated parts may occur following your procedure and will be maximal at 24-48 hours. To minimize swelling, keep your head elevated. It is not uncommon for clients to have their under eye area swollen for the first 1 to 2 days, but this swelling will subside. There will be redness and very minimal warmth emanating from the area for the first 24 hours (feels like a mild sunburn). You should notify us if you experience pain that is severe or excessive, as this is unusual.
- Activity: Post resurfacing discomfort is mild, and you may return to regular activities immediately. It is advised that you avoid hot tub and pools for 24 hours (bacteria in them can enter into the newly created channels in your skin and cause an infection). Do not apply ice or cooling compresses as the heat response is the body’s natural healing response. Your mouth, if treated around the lips, may be very swollen, tight and feel tight when opening. Apply moisturizer as often as you like during the day and if the tightness is bothering you or becomes itchy, you may use Avene Thermale Spring Water spray (Available at Rejuvenations) or Evian spray water on the area as often as you like.
- Make-up: In 24 hours, most resurfacing clients are ready for make-up to hide the pinkness of the skin. It is important that you remove all make up that is applied to the skin at night. Do not sleep with make up on the treated area.
- Sun Avoidance: Sun avoidance should become a permanent component of your long-term skin care program. Always use an SPF 30 or greater.
- Long-term Skin Care: In addition to sun avoidance, we suggest all clients use long-term skin care that will optimize the youthful, rejuvenated appearance you have achieved. We offer a variety of pharmaceutical grade products for long-term maintenance of your facial skin.
- Warning Signs: The following are some of the symptoms that should alert you to the possibility of an impending or existing complication and you should contact the clinic.
POST VENUS VIVA HOME REGIMEN
• Refrain from exposure to saunas, Jacuzzis, ice packs for 24 hours
• Moisturizer - Apply a light film as often as required, several times a day, to prevent the skin from becoming dry.
• To reduce excessive dryness and itching, spray the treated area with pressurized water such as evian as often as necessary for your comfort.